Top Social

REFLECTIONS ON BEING AN ADULT

June 23, 2015


So belive it or not, I actually did it. I have FINALLY finished my degree. After three years of mixed emotions about the whole thing its crazy to think that it's completely done. I remember moving to Cardiff in first year and having no idea what to expect as it was a city I had never actually visited before and that horrible nervous feeling in my stomach. Now that nervous feelings back again, but this time its because I'm moving back home after three years in this city. Woah.

Admittedly, uni has been one of those things I've wanted to give up on SO many times. That is a massive thing for me because I tend to be a hella motivated sort of girl but sometimes the pressures of trying to do well really can get to you. I think the pressures of always wanting to prove to my mom that she's bought me up well as a single parent has always played a massive part in my whole pressure issues.  In second year I even had a meeting with my tutor to drop out of uni and to move to Bristol because the pressures just seemed next level. But after all the tears and stress of it all,  I'm so glad I didn't and that I stuck to this course.

My degree subject is something I've always been passionate about- Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies. More so the cultural aspect of it all, I am a self-proclaimed culture freak. To say I've now finished these three years with a high 2:1 and even somehow managed firsts in all my modules this term, I am overly stoked to say the least. So many people mock my choice of degree and honestly my middle finger is right up at them and creative degrees aren't what they are made out to be. Just putting it out there, I didn't sit in a lecture theatre watching movies all day everyday. I actually had many sleepless nights working away either revising or writing essays. 

Now it's the waiting game for graduation day. Chances are I WILL fall over and embarrass myself but thats quite a common occurrence for me so I'm sure I will be able to deal with it. I can't wait to get absolutely smashed with my fellow JOMEC-ers and celebrate probably the three best years of our lives. Shout out to everyone as well, seems like everyone killed it <3! 


Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature